Federal Agencies & Services:
- Federal government information and services of interest to seniors. This site includes information about social security benefits, travel information, educational opportunities, and consumer protection services (including scams that target seniors).
- Leads a broad scientific effort to understand the nature of aging and to extend the healthy, active years of life as well as the primary federal agency on Alzheimer’s disease research. The site includes link to other government sites, news, and health information.
Minnesota Agencies & Services:
- Information for seniors about consumer fraud, telephone service, and legal rights.
- This site includes links to Minnesota services for seniors, information about the Minnesota Prescription Drug Program, and other assistance. The Board also sponsors the Senior LinkAge line at 1-800-333-2433.
- Links to a broad range of services in Minnesota.
- Links to a broad range of services for senior citizens in Minnesota.
- Information about and for the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area’s senior community. This site features demographic information, agency news, housing options, and links to statewide agencies on aging.
Community & Organizations:
- Official site for the group formerly known as the American Association of Retired Persons, maintaining that “age is just a number and life is what you make of it.” This site includes a wide assortment of information from legislative issues to computer reviews to volunteer opportunities to information about money and work.
- Association of organizations and professionals dedicated to promoting the dignity, self-determination, well being, and contributions of older persons. This site features links to constituent groups within the NCOA, as well as articles and publications for a range of senior issues.
- Daily news updates for active senior citizens. The site includes articles on fitness, enjoying life, money, politics, and other issues of concern to senior citizens.
- For computer-using adults, ages 50 and older. This online community offers a wide range of information and access, including book groups and discussion forums on over 400 topics. Some sections of the site require free registration.
Health & Fitness:
- Medical and health information, including information on healthy living, diseases and conditions, healthy lifestyles, medications, and health news.
- The full text of this medical reference is available online and can be searched by keyword browsed by the table of contents or the index. The manual also contains useful information on the health aspects of aging as well as drug information and life issues for seniors and their families.
- Resources for people with Alzheimer’s disease, family and caregivers, physicians, and researchers about the disease, coping with Alzheimer’s, and treatment options. There is also a Minnesota-Dakotas chapter.
- Resources about cancer awareness, prevention, and treatment options. The site includes links to other web sites for more information about specific types of cancer. Some features of the site, including discussion boards, require free registration.
- Information and resources about diabetes.
- Warning signs, information, and resource relating to heart attacks, heart disease, and strokes. The site also includes information on risk assessment, family health, and advocacy.
- Information about lung health and disease like how lungs work, protecting your lungs, and warning signs of lung disease. Also, provides information about support and communities.
- Information about the treatments and research of allergies and asthma.
- This site provides programs & services for the blind. Also, it provides information of eye conditions, Using technology, and job seeking.
- Information about the diagnosis, treatments, and research of arthritis.
- Provides information about ADD and will answer questions about the disorder. Also, provides resources for your benefit and helps find professional help for those affected.
Provides information on all health related topics from disease and conditions, healthy living, travelers’ health, and emergency preparedness.
- Provides detailed information about human services offered locally, transportation throughout northwestern Minnesota, and local mental health resources.
- Get healthcare coverage. Keep or update your current plan.
- Information on mesothelioma, treatment options, and legal advice.
- This mesothelioma support community provides information on mesothelioma, treatment options, paying for treatment, and veterans.
- Provides information about brain injuries, education& community outreach, and advocacy.
- Information and resources related to Parkinson’s disease, with news, statistics, and discussion forums.
- This site features information on long-term care for adults coping Alzheimer’s diseases, stroke, Parkinson’s disease, and other related brain disorders.
- Reports and resources for family caregivers of seniors.
Housing & Long-Term Care;
- Detailed information about the past performance of every Medicare and Medicaid certified nursing home in the country. Includes a Guide to Choosing a Nursing Home and a Nursing Home Checklist.
- Reports on Nursing Homes in the state of Minnesota. Provided by the Minnesota Department of Health and the Department of Human Services.
- Source of long-term care information, including articles, links to other informational sites, news and announcements and editorials.
- Helping senior citizens with suitable, adequate, and affordable housing. This site lists properties for sale or rent, as well as housing options for specialized care, in the Twin Cities metropolitan area.